Why You Should Become A Member
We believe you are among the most passionate, dedicated and capable people on the planet but you don’t have to do it alone. Our objective is to provide the best service and support to our Members, which enables them to be the very best in Retail.
Retail Excellence is a not for profit company which supports Irish retailers to be the best they can be. Retail Excellence involves 2,000 leading retail companies who operate in the Irish market. Our members are the most progressive and innovative in the market. We make every effort to deliver activity which is wholeheartedly based on member needs. Retail Excellence is by far the largest retail industry body in Ireland.
Established in 1995, Retail Excellence is owned by the Members, for the Members and is the largest retail industry trade body in Ireland. Our aim is to enhance the consumer’s retail experience by developing top class retail standards and skills and promote a vibrant and competitive world class retail industry in Ireland.
- Representing Ireland’s largest retail industry group with government and state agencies
- Regular Retail, Public Affairs, Events, Education, HR and eCommerce Updates
- Access to password protected Member Section of the Retail Excellence website with Resource Materials such as HR Documents & Templates, HR Checker, Retail Excellence Member Logo download, Loss Prevention materials, Town Investment Information, GDPR, Retail Productivity Reviews (past and present)
- Complimentary Human Resources (HR) support
- Copyright Exempt Music – no more IMRO/PPI
- Access to cutting edge educational opportunities
- Complimentary Member Access to Facebook & Twitter workshops and Google Incubation Programme held at their respective head offices
- Network with your peers in Ireland’s Largest Retail Body
- Enjoy our innovative case study visits to leading stores at home and abroad
- Join our Member Groups & Networks including eCommerce, Loss Prevention, Garden, Human Resources (HR), Pharmacy, Jewellery and Town & Revival (Issues from these groups are fed into the Oireachtas Group on Retail with proposed solutions)
- Membership with Retail Excellence, being part of our Member Groups and attending our events and programmes is good networking opportunities with the best in the business
- Participate in and benefit from our Quarterly Retail Sales review
- Benefit from the Lowest Gift Card acceptance charges with our member led FromMe2You gift card
- Benefit from the Lowest Credit & Debit Card Merchant Fees, Energy Rates, Insurance Premiums and Cash Collection Rates in the market
- Receive a complimentary copy of our Retail Times magazine every quarter – Ireland’s best read Retail Industry Magazine
Representing Ireland’s largest retail industry group with government and state agencies in the following ways:
- Set up and run the Cross Party Oireachtas Group on Retail which brings Member issues before members of the Oireachtas every quarter
- Lobby state agencies and Oireachtas members on individual issues for members
- Now a Seanad nominating body
- Sitting on 4 government Advisory committees to include, Skills, Brexit, Advisory Group on Small Business and the Retail Consultation Forum where we highlight issues impacting the industry
- Sitting on 2 Garda community and business liaison groups: a Dublin Business Forum and a Strategic Retail Forum where we highlight crime issues impacting members and suggest solutions
- Assistance with public relations and getting items into the media
- Complimentary Public affairs, legal and public relations advice
What Our Members Say
Annual Subscription Rates
Any retail company which operates in the Republic of Ireland market can join Retail Excellence once that company, its owner(s) and senior directors are committed to engage, participate and share.
Our Membership fee is based on the number of full-time employees within your organisation.
Terms & Conditions
- Membership is open to retail businesses, online and/or offline, in the Republic of Ireland;
- The member organisation’s principal activity must be retailing;
- Membership is extended to the company rather than the individual, thus if the individual leaves the retail organisation, they can no longer participate in membership unless authorised to do so by the member organisation;
- Membership does not commence until the appropriate membership fee is paid in full;
- Members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and to treat other members, as well as Retail Excellence staff, with courtesy and respect;
- Failure to abide by these terms and conditions will result in the immediate termination of Retail Excellence membership.
How to Join
To sign up as a member of Retail Excellence, you can complete your application online below or you can complete and sign the application form and return it to Keelan Bourke.
If you have any queries on membership, please do not hesitate to contact Keelan via office email on firstname.lastname@example.org or via office telephone on +353 (0) 65 684 6927.